Creative Accelerators for Sustainable Tourism (CAST)
COS-EINET-2017-3-04 (European Networks for Creativity-Driven Innovation)
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM, TECHNOLOGY, COLABORATION, INCUBATORS, SMEs
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES:
CAST is a collaborative project that will develop a network of incubators and accelerators, start-ups, SMEs and funders to form a European community committed to promoting knowledge sharing, the use of technology and collaboration across borders for sustainable tourism, , while helping business address common challenges.
- Mapping of European initiatives of interest and definition of the main actors in each of the participating regions.
- Implementation of business development support actions.
- Development of measures to support innovation.
- Workshops for the preparation of entrepreneurs for investment rounds.
- Publication of a best practice guide for securing funding in different sectors and at different levels of development.
- Identification of the latest developments in terms of innovation in the tourism sector.
The promotion and support for the creation, development and growth of business related to sustainable tourism.To this end, an international network of incubators and accelerators is created, especially aimed at SMEs and start-ups in the cultural and creative industries with developments that can be applied to tourism.
WestBIC – Business and Innovation Centre (IRELAND) – Coord
European Business Innovation Network – EBN (BELGIUM)
MEDIA DEALS UG (GERMANY)
Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Burgos – CEEI Burgos (SPAIN)
Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovaicón de Murcia – CEEIM (SPAIN)
Cyprus Research and Innovation Center Ltd – CYRIC (CYPRUS)
LAZIO INNOVA (ITALY)
Creative Business Network (DENMARK)
Design 2 Sustain (UNITED KINGDOM)
EUROPEAN FUNDING OF THE PROJECT:
Total budget: 2.1 M €
Budget financed by the UE: 1.7 M €
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA: