BYOB (Be Your Own Boss)
Key Action 2: Cooperation for Innovation and Exchange of Good Practices
ENTREPRENEURS, COACHING, CREATIVE LEARNING, SELF-EMPLOYMENT
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES:
BYOB, or Be Your Own Boss, is a flexible and practical business creation methodology. It combines entrepreneurship education, cross-sector business development and creative learning pathways to help entrepreneurs be able to successfully launch their own businesses. The BYOB methodology consists of a primarily practical experience that includes group work, individualised coaching sessions and instant access to relevant and continuous market information. In addition, it offers continuous support from a network of entrepreneurs together with a designated coach for each student.
- State-of-the-art analysis and research: All partners will produce a document compiling important information in their regions, such as the need for adult educators, the world of work, what “aspiring self-employed” needs , the exististence of support for self-employed workers and support for freelancers who want to grow their business.
- Development of manuals: The project will create high-quality training resources, which will be two manuals, one for adult educators and the other for incubators and entrepreneurs. The manuals will ensure that the methodology becomes a guide for self-employment.
- Pilot phase: The Netherlands, Spain and Bulgaria will develop a pilot phase selecting, in each country, adult educators, representatives and leaders from the world of work to discuss the developments of self-employment, the start-up of self-employment and the QEAS of self-employment. After creating the proper framework with all the target groups, each region will implement a pilot phase of 6 months for a minimum of 9 beneficiaries.
- Development of electronic resources: During the pilot phase, partners will create electronic resources that show the whole process and will also develop material for the case studies. This will include videos showing the actual application of the methodology.
- Dissemination: Throughout the project, partners will create a strong awareness of the project results at European level, en hancing the visibility of the project among policy makers, business incubators, self-employed people, employability centers and adult educators. At the end of the project, the partners will ensure the promotion of the results, as well as the dissemination of the created materials to the target groups.
BRIDGING TO THE FUTURE LTD (United Kingdom)
Incubadora de Empresas – Gotse Delchev, Centro de Promoción del Emprendimiento, (Bulgaria)
OXFAM ONLUS, (Italy)
Viteco Srl, (Italy)
Stichting Incubator, (Netherlands)
POLECZNA AKADEMIA NAUK Z SIEDZIBAW LODZI UCZELNIA NIEPANSTWOWA, (Poland)